Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Synthesizer Helmet and Sound Suit

So in doing a ton load of research to be able to complete the synthesizer Helmet and Sound suit, I have decided to first talk with some friends to be able to fully figure out what exactly I am capable of doing within 4 weeks.

My girlfriend suggested not a suit, but a clothing combo that will be easier to put on and off, and a lot cheaper. Bills are taking over, and money isn't quite available for me....

It will also be a lot easier to create, with all the sound creators that I might be putting into the clothes...And a lot more roomier...don't want to suffocate my subjects.

So I want my suit and helmet to complement each other, and I want it to stand out in the open! So what better than to manipulate color dye? I decided to go to Michaels to grab some Tye-Dye, and now I will be able to create my colorful suit! I can't wait!
Onto the helmet. I already ran into some issues (wouldn't you know it?) as the Synthesizer on the helmet has a short circuit on one of the keys...Not...Good. So now I have to spend $60....Which I don't have yet...
I only have my helmet... :'(
And even so, I have to re-do my entire helmet, so that it looks more presentable, as the condition it is in is a little beat up and looks like a homeless person fixed it with duck tape...It's re-painting time.

So here's my schedule to complete my interactive sound suit.

This week: Get synthesizer, re-paint helmet, buy clothes for Sound Suit.
Next week: Have suit dyed, buy certain sound equipment for suit
Following week: Have helmet and synthesizer combined, suit and sound equipment ready.
LAST WEEK: Have results as experiment of it working is in play.

No comments:

Post a Comment